Hello! Friends In today’s post, we will discuss about Software Maintenance under the series of Software Engineering Tutorial and get full information about it.
Table of Contents
An important link in software manufacturing is its maintenance. For which a plan is already prepared by the software manufacturer. This scheme can be based on several facts which are as follows:
- Time period maintenance
- User objective
- User demand
- Pricing etc.
In addition, the manufacturer also has to keep in mind that how a user will ask for suggestions, error problems and rectification for the quality of his system? Thus the selection of the appropriate standards by the manufacturer is a difficult task. Which is beneficial for both him and the user.
Software Maintenance processes
The following six points are important in software maintenance processes:
- The first implementation process involves the creation of a software that includes transition activities, such as the concept of software maintenance plan, preparation, preparation to deal with problems identified during development, and follow-up on product configuration management.
- The second phase involves the problem and modification analysis process. Which is executed once the application has become the responsibility of the maintenance group, which has the main role of the programmer. Additionally, each request is analyzed by the programmer and the request is confirmed. After verifying its validity, a resolution is proposed. Which is documented and finally gets all the necessary authority to implement the amendments.
- The third phase repeats the process of considering the implementation of the amendments.
- In the fourth phase, the revision process is approved. In which rectification is confirmed by the requestor. Therefore, refinement is given as a solution by the programmer.
- In the fifth phase, if a software is ported to another platform without any change in functionality, then its maintenance
The project is likely to be held by a team. Which is not a part of daily maintenance tasks. Which is called migration process. And the platform it is ported to is called a migrated platform.
- The final stage is the end of the maintenance process. Which does not happen on a daily basis. Which is called the retirement of a piece of software.
After that we should also know briefly
Some Important Facts! The ones you don’t miss
Need for Maintenance
Important facts in order of software maintenance:
- Finding the right defect and resolving it
- Properly implement enhancements
- Make the most of design improvements
- Creating a Responsive Program
- Interfacing with other systems
- Retire software
- Run legacy software
Categories of Software Maintenance
Corrective maintenance of a software product is very important. This is required when it is made more useful for the user or to fix bugs etc. to increase the quality of the system.
Adaptive maintenance includes innovative new updates and modifications of the software. In which the software is provided for different platforms based on user demand. Due to which the multiplicity of software increases. And the user is pleased with the programmer’s product according to their demand.
Under this, the scope of the system is expanded according to the demand of the user. In which the software producer needs complete maintenance of the system to support the new features.
It plays a very important role in the maintenance sector. Under which the software is constantly revised and updated to solve future problems. This area brings forth serious issues to come in future which are not of such importance at this time, but in the future they can become a serious disaster. Its purpose is to solve problems.
Reverse engineering is the process by which an engineer acquires the knowledge or design of something and reproduces it based on the information obtained by research. This entire process is also called back engineering.
Software Reverse Engineering
Reverse engineering can be seen as an SDLC model in which we analyze lower abstraction levels and attempt to achieve higher abstraction levels from the research obtained. Thus it is a simple process of thoroughly analyzing the existing system and obtaining the system specification.
An existing system of a model already has applicable designs. About which we do not know anything. In this case, reverse engineering is done by the designer looking at the previous code and attempts are made to get the design. Hence reverse engineering is very important.
Why Reverse Engineering?
- Recover lost information.
- Discovering unexpected faults.
- Providing steak documentation system.
- To facilitate software reuse.
- Assistance in maintenance etc.
Used of Software Reverse Engineering
- Software reverse engineering is used for software designing.
- Reverse engineering is a process in which developers or programmers are enabled to add new features to
- existing software with or without existing code.
- In engineering, reverse engineering is very useful in terms of testing.
- This helps testers to study malware code and viruses.
If you like this post than share this post….
Thank You so much!
- Software Maintenance
- maintenance management software
- software maintenance plan
- preventive maintenance software
- maintenance management software
- corrective maintenance
- software engineering course
- reverse engineering
- software reverse engineering